According to the updated categorization of countries, based on the epidemiological risk assessment, which comes into force as of 1st April 2021, the Russian Federation will be included in the RED category. From this day the Consulate General of Cyprus in St Petersburg will resume normal visa operations subject to covid restrictions.
Please note that currently the Federal Agency for Tourism of the Russian Federation has not included Cyprus in the list of countries from which entrance to Russia is allowed. It is highly recommended to contact your air company prior to buying tickets to confirm the availability of the flight.
Passengers travelling to Cyprus from RED countries are required:
1. To undergo a molecular test with the sample taken during 72 hours prior to flight departure and demonstrate a negative PCR for COVID-19 (in English) while boarding and passing border control. Only children who arrive in Cyprus before their 12th birthday are exempted from testing. The abovementioned certificate must also be uploaded to the Cyprus Flight Pass Platform (see the information below).
2. To undergo a molecular PCR test upon arrival to Cyprus at their own expenses (the cost of the test is 30 Euros at Larnaca airport and 32 Euros at Paphos airport). Results of the test will be available within 3 hours and will be shared with the traveller by SMS after his or her departure from the airport. The travellers should remain in self-isolation until the test result is issued. Children who arrive in Cyprus before their 12th birthday are exempted from testing upon arrival.
3. To apply for your Cyprus Flight Pass within 24 hours before the commencement of your travel through the platform www.cyprusflightpass.gov.cy. Note that airlines will not permit passengers to board the aircraft and travel to the Republic of Cyprus without a Cyprus Flight Pass and any travellers arriving to the Republic of Cyprus without a Cyprus Flight Pass, will be subject to a fine of 300 Euros.
Travellers entering Cyprus from the countries of RED category and holding two negative molecular PCR tests are not subject to obligatory self-isolation. Please note that in order to ensure public health and the monitoring of the epidemiological situation, a sample molecular laboratory testing of passengers on selected arriving flights will be carried out. Its cost will be covered by the Republic of Cyprus.
Cypriot citizens, their spouses and minor children, as well as persons residing legally in the Republic or entering the Republic according to the Vienna Convention from countries of Red category do not need to hold a certificate of negative molecular COVID-19 test performed 72 hours before departure. These passengers can undergo the molecular COVID-19 test immediately upon arrival to the Republic at their own expenses and remain in compulsory confinement for 72 hours after arrival. The self-isolation can be terminated if a second negative molecular COVID-19 test is undertaken, at their own expense. The result of the second test should be sent at firstname.lastname@example.org. Obtainment of the Cyprus Flight Pass remains obligatory.
However these passengers are strictly recommended to contact the air company prior to their departure because a number of air companies do not allow boarding of those passengers who do not hold a certificate of negative molecular COVID-19 test.
It is noted that the categorization of countries, based on the epidemiological risk assessment, is revised on a weekly basis. The updates can be followed here: https://cyprusflightpass.gov.cy/en/country-categories.
Information for tourist in Cyprus:
- Enhanced health, safety and hygiene protocols have been devised for all hospitality establishments, and extensive training of staff has taken place prior to Cyprus’ opening for visitors.
- Use of masks is compulsory in all indoor areas and outdoor public places. Areas where people are seated whilst consuming food and beverage, beaches, swimming pools and instances where persons are exercising are excluded from this rule.
- Physical distancing measures are followed in all areas (the minimum area occupied per person should be 2 sq. meters outdoors and 3 sq. meters indoors).
- Restrictive measures to combat the spread of coronavirus are currently enforced in Cyprus. This includes a night time curfew from 23:00 to 05:00 hours. During day time exit from the place of residence is allowed only twice per day during working days and three times per day during the weekend by sending a text message to 8998 and getting an approval. Those who are not able for any reason to send a text message to 8998 can use the following numbers: 80012012 for Cypriot phone numbers and +357 22 285777 for foreign numbers. For more information in English please use the following link: https://pio.gov.cy/coronavirus/pdf/15032021_metraEN.pdf.
- The Cyprus government is committed to taking care of all travellers who test positive for coronavirus during their stay, as well as their close contacts.
- The persons tested positive will be transferred to separate facilities, and their costs of lodging, food, drink and medication will be covered by the government. The traveller will only need to bear the cost of their airport transfer and repatriation flight, in collaboration with their agent and/or airline.
- Special rooms in dedicated quarantine-hotels are available for close contacts (who were at a distance of less than 2m for more than 15 minutes) of persons who test positive for coronavirus. Please note that it also includes passengers seated two seats in all direction around.