Registration of Travel Agencies
According to the European legislature as a general rule applicant need to visit the Consulate General and submit their application for visa in person. Also, on the basis of the EU Visa Code the Consulate General can accept applications for tourist visas submitted through travel agencies previously accredited/ registered at the Consulate General, provided that a tourist purchases a full package of travel services from an accredited tourist agency.
The registration system has been introduced by the Consulate General in May 2006. The cooperation with accredited commercial intermediaries in conducted on the basis of the EU Visa Code, in particular Article 45.
The accreditation/registration can be granted provided the following provisions are fulfilled:
(a) a travel agency/ commercial intermediary runs an office/ representative office within the consular district of the Consulate General;
(b) a travel agency/ commercial intermediary has a valid license/registration in the the common federal registrar of tour operators;
(с) a travel agency/ commercial intermediary has existing contracts with commercial partners based in the Republic of Cyprus offering accommodation and other package tour services;
(d) a travel agency/ commercial intermediary has contracts with transport companies, which must include an outward journey, as well as a guaranteed and fixed return journey.
Registration is free of charge and is valid until the end of April of the year following the year in which it was obtained.
How to apply for registration
Travel Agencies wishing to be registered need to submit:
1) a duly completed, signed and stamped application form for registration (application form is attached);
2) a notarised copy of Proof of registration in the common federal registrar of tour operators;
3) copies of the contracts, concluded between the travel agency and travel organizations of Cyprus (hotels, travel agencies). When submitting documents please be in a position to present the original contracts.
4) copies of the contracts, concluded between the travel agency and air carriers having direct flights to Cyprus. When submitting documents please be in a position to present the original contracts.
5) authorization paper to authorize two couriers to deliver and submit applications to the Visa Section of the Consulate General on behalf of the clients of the particular agency (copies of the passports to be attached);
6) samples of signatures of those employees who have authority to sign the following papers (to be placed on the company’s letterhead):
- list of tourists whose applications are submitted to the Visa Section of the Consulate General by an accredited travel agency (these papers can be signed by a Director General/ Chief representative of a company in the North-West region of Russia/ Head of Department).
- vouchers (can be signed by the same persons as well as by reservation managers).
Please note that the handwritten applications will not be accepted.
Full package of documents should be submitted to the Visa Section Consulate until 1 April 2019.