The Embassy of the Republic of Cyprus in Copenhagen is looking to fill the position of Driver/Messenger. The position is for a fixed one-year term with a probationary period of three months. The position comes with the possibility of extension.
Key tasks and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Driving the Ambassador and other Embassy staff and guests, as directed
• Carrying out courier deliveries and collecting mail from the post office
• Ensuring the technical service, maintenance and cleanliness of the vehicle
• Updating the vehicle’s log-book on a daily basis (Excel)
• Basic upkeep and maintenance of the Embassy’s Offices and Ambassador’s Residence
• Answering incoming calls and redirecting them to colleagues accordingly
• Assisting in organizing and carrying out Embassy events
• Performing additional relevant tasks as directed
• Legal right to live and work in Denmark
• Valid driver´s license with a clean driving record
• Completed secondary school education
• Strict adherence to the driving code and regulations
• Very good knowledge of transport routes in Copenhagen and surrounding areas
• Fluency in English; good knowledge of Danish and/or Greek will be considered an asset
• Computer literacy
• Excellent interpersonal skills with willingness to contribute to and become part of the team
• Candidate should be honest, discreet, service-minded and determined, with a high sense of responsibility
The position offers a monthly gross salary of 21,681 DKK (before tax). Statutory payments and pension contributions are the responsibility of the employee.
How to apply
Interested applicants should send a Cover Letter and CV (both in English), which should include contacts for at least two (2) references, to the following email: [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] by 11.59pm on December 12th 2023. Please add “Driver/Messenger” and your name in the subject field.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. The candidates are expected to provide proof of their qualifications, work experience and valid driver’s license at the time of the interview.
The successful applicant will be required to provide a clean criminal record and will be subjected to a security screening by the Danish authorities. We look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible since the recruitment process is ongoing.