MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS, CYPRUS
The territorial scope of the General Data Protection Regulation EU 2016/679 and the implementing Law 125(I) 2018, which regulate the processing of personal data, extends to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Diplomatic and Consular Missions of the Republic. The Ministry which in terms of the Law is the Data Controller is set to fully comply with the data protection provisions and principles.
In order to carry out its public tasks, the Ministry processes personal data manually or digitally, in accordance with national and EU Law and International Conventions. The purpose of data processing by the Ministry includes the following fields of its action:
- Consular Services including consular protection,
- Cooperation with the Diplomatic Missions accredited to the Republic and the work of the Diplomatic and Consular Missions of Cyprus abroad,
- Authentication of documents,
- Issuing of Entry Visas,
- Use of CCTV systems in the buildings of the Missions and the Chancery, for security reasons.
The Ministry may disclose personal data to third parties in accordance with the Law. For example the Ministry may disclose personal data to other Governmental Authorities or States for the purposes of granting consular services or consular protection or in the framework of criminal investigations.
The Ministry keeps personal data only for the period which is necessary for carrying out its tasks or for reasons of public interest.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
You can submit a request in any of the following situations:
· If you wish to know which personal data of yours the Ministry is processing.
· If you wish to amend your personal data.
· If you wish to have your personal data erased.
· If you wish us to limit the processing of your personal data.
· If you wish to lodge an objection to the processing of your personal data.
Any request can be submitted electronically to: email@example.com or by post to: Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Presidential Palace Avenue, 1447 Nicosia, Cyprus
For any further questions you may contact the Data Protection Officer of the Ministry electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the abovementioned address.
A complaint may be submitted to the Data Protection Commissioner, which is an independent Supervisory Authority, to the postal address: PO BOX 23378, 1682 Nicosia, Cyprus or electronically to: email@example.com