|General Advice for Cypriot Visitors to Bulgaria|
- If you drink, do not drive. The attitude to driving while under the influence of alcohol varies from country to country. In Bulgaria the limit is 0.5 per mille alcohol in the blood. Higher than 0.5 the driving license can be temporarly suspended and for more than 1,2 is serious criminal offense.
- Do not get involved in any way with drugs. Even if being found in possession of small quantities of soft drugs incurs severe penalties – including custodial sentences.
- Do check beforehand when hiring a car or other vehicle if there is proper insurance cover and if it covers injury to third parties.
- Do travel on a return ticket and bring enough funds with you as bank transfers can take time.
- Do make sure your relatives know where to contact you in case of emergency.
- Do remember that you are a guest in the country and respect Bulgarian Law.
© 2007 - 2022 Republic of Cyprus, Ministry of Foreign Affairs,
Embassy of the Republic of Cyprus in Sofia
Home Page | Government Web Portal | Disclaimer | Webmaster