Welcome to the official web site of the Embassy of the Republic of Cyprus in Germany.
You will find on our website information about the Embassy and its activities, the Ambassador, the personnel and other information in Greek, English and German.
A N N O U N C E M E N T S
POSITION OF ASSISTANT COMMERCIAL COUNSELLOR AT THE CYPRUS TRADE CENTER (CTC) OF THE EMBASSY OF THE REPUBLIC OF CYPRUS IN BERLIN, GERMANY
The Embassy of the Republic of Cyprus in Berlin accepts applications for one (1) position of Assistant Commercial Counsellor for immediate full-time employment, in accordance with the provisions for locally-employed staff. The gross monthly salary for this position is 2.900,00 euros. There is a 6 month trial period for this position.
· Assists the Commercial Counselor in all activities of the CTC Berlin aimed at promoting the commercial and economic interests of the Republic of Cyprus.
· Assists in the implementation of the Action Plans for the promotion of exports of products and services (organization of trade fairs and exhibitions, organisation of promotional events, trade delegations, seminars, preparation of promotional material, handling of social media/website etc).
· Conducts market research/surveys for specific economic sectors and prepares reports (ad-hoc, annual etc) under the guidance of the Commercial Counsellor.
· Handles requests from Cypriot exporters for the promotion of Cypriot products and services in the countries covered by the CTC Berlin through the Export Helpdesk service.
· Provides information and guidance to exporters of products and services.
· Organises and represents the CTC Berlin in meetings with potential importers, associations of chambers of industry & commerce, trade & financial and other organisations for the cooperation in the field of trade and investment in the countries covered by the Trade Centre.
· Participates and represents the Embassy in meetings and events related to issues handled by the CTC Berlin, and prepares relevant reports.
· Replaces the Commercial Counsellor in case of his/her absence.
· Participates in the process of tender evaluation (member of the evaluation committee).
· Handles incoming administrative and operational inquiries.
· Performs any other related duties assigned by the Head of the Diplomatic Mission, the Commercial Counsellor or the Ministry of Energy, Commerce and Industry.
· University degree or diploma or equivalent qualification in economics, or commerce or business administration or marketing or other related fields.
· Very good computer skills and knowledge in Microsoft Office programs.
· Very good knowledge of German, Greek and English language.
· High integrity, organisational, interpersonal and communication skills, initiative and sound judgment.
· Clean criminal record.
· Experience in related responsibilities will be considered as an advantage.
· Postgraduate diploma or degree or equivalent qualification in economics, or commerce or business administration or marketing or other related fields will be considered as an advantage.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send a cover letter with their CV, a copy of their passport or identity card, a certificate of clear criminal record and copies of relevant certificates of their qualifications no later than Monday the 16th of January 2023 at 17:00 pm (CET), to the email address email@example.com .
Please note that the Embassy does not cover any travel, accommodation or other expenses which might be incurred by the candidates during the selection process for this position, or/and thereafter.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview.