1 VACANCY POSITION OF DRIVER/MESSENGER, CANBERRA
The High Commission of the Republic of Cyprus in Canberra is seeking applications to fill one full time Driver/Messenger position. The employment will be in accordance with the 'Guidelines for the Employment and Conditions of Service of Staff of the Diplomatic Missions of the Republic of Cyprus Abroad'.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Transporting the Head of Mission to the official meetings and events
- Messenger duties
- Preparing the itinerary for daily journeys and official vehicle forms
- Official vehicle and general maintenance duties at the Embassy
- Anything else that may be assigned by the Head of Mission
Qualifications and competencies:
- High school studies
- Excellent knowledge of English Language, knowledge of the Greek language will be considered an additional qualification
- Driving Licence of at least five years (clear of any penalty points) and a Professional Driver’s Licence
- Excellent knowledge of Canberra and surrounding areas
- At least five years of experience in a similar position
- Team-worker, flexible and good at working under pressure
- Able to work extended hours (including weekends)
Salary: AU$ 52650 + 10,5% pension
Candidates must submit a letter of interest along with their CV by 20 January 2024 by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Cyprus High Commission
30 Beale Crescent
Deakin ACT 2600
Telephone: 0405 525 571
Selected candidates will be invited for interview at the High Commission of the Republic of Cyprus in Canberra.
Candidates invited for interview will be required to produce a Criminal Record from their country of residence.