1. Certification from the local Hellenic/Cypriot Community President, community Priest or Archbishopric stating the period of the time that the applicant has been permanently a resident in South Africa ( supporting evidence).
2. Tax statements, SARS clearance certificates, documents confirming employment for the period in question, verification of children’s South African school attendance, proofs of payment of accounts of common utility in the name of the interested person etc. Pensioners should provide documentation from the authority that provides their pensions.
3. Ticket reservations for Cyprus as well as relevant certification of the moving company with a detailed list of the household effects.
4. South African Unabridged Birth Certificate. If the applicant was not born in South Africa, a Birth Certificate from the place of birth along with the South African passport and Cypriot passport or any other travel document which shows the applicants arrival and departure date to South Africa.
5. South African Passport and ID.
6. Cypriot passport and ID/Citizenship certificate.
7. Any other original documentation proving that applicant is a permanent resident of South Africa.
Repatriation certificate fees:
o 8.54€ for revenue stamp
o 1.71€ for revenue stamp
(if any additional certification of a document is required, 1.71€ revenue stamp will be charged per document)
Please present original documentation required and a copy of each for submission
Cypriots wishing to repatriate, may be informed for possible benefits and any other information relating to the repatriation process from the website of the Commissioner to the Presidency for Humanitarian Affairs and Overseas Affairs.
For Commissioners website