You are here: Home Page
> Consular Services
> Applying for a visa
> VISA APPLICATION GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
Applying for a visa - VISA APPLICATION GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
Application_for_Visa.pdf (File Size: 72,89Kb)
- Current passport valid for at least three months from the date of departure from Cyprus. Also, the passport should have been issued within the last 10 years from the day of entry to the Republic of Cyprus. The passport must have 3 empty pages.
- Visa Application form duly completed and signed by the applicant with contact details (parents or legal guardian in case of minors).
- Two recent colour photos sizes 4.13cm x 5.31cm .
- Provisional booking/itinerary showing legal port of entry and exit and the name of the passenger. Air tickets should not be purchased before the visa is issued.
- Hotel reservation on a letterhead from a hotel to the Republic of Cyprus with the name of the applicant and the confirmation dates of stay. We do accept reservations from other websites.
- Copies of applicant's bank statements for the past three months.
- A recent (less than 1 month old) letter from employer on a letterhead addressed to the Cyprus High Commission with proof of the applicant salary/wages. If self employed a letter from the solicitor, the accountant or the bank manager of the applicant.
- If the applicant is a minor an unabridged birth certificate should be submitted and a police affidavit of the parents or the guardians of the child giving their consent at a police station or a V6 Form from Home Affairs should be presented with a copy of his/her passport or ID. If parent has sole custody court papers stating this should be presented. Please note that South Africa has issued immigration regulations effective from June 1, 2015. For the immigration regulations as published in the Government Gazette of South Africa follow the link below or visit the South African Department of Home Affairs (DHA) website and check the latest requirements. If travelling by air, you may also wish to consult your airline.
- If travelling on business or conference, an official letter of invitation on a letterhead with the contact details of the company.
- Non South African citizens should have a South African residence permit (or relevant visa) valid at least for three months after departure from Cyprus.
- Citizens or residents of Afghanistan, Cameroon, Ethiopia, Somalia, Iraq, Syria and Pakistan or travellers who visited the above mentioned countries for a period of more than 4 weeks, they have to provide International Certificate of Vaccination or Prophylaxis against poliomyelitis, additional to the other requirements.
- An all risk valid medical insurance policy (of at least €30.000-coverage) covering the whole duration of the stay in Cyprus must be submitted. No deductibles (no excess). If applicant’s current health insurance policy covers medical emergencies abroad, proof thereof is required in writing – copy of insurance card is not sufficient. Otherwise a traveler’s insurance policy will need to be purchased. A letter from the insurance company covering medical expenses, including emergency hospital treatment and repatriation (transportation) to the home country/country of residence, stating the name of the person, the policy number, the period of cover and the medical coverage.
- For the issuing of multiple entry visas the applicant must provide with the visa application sufficient justification for the request.