- Applicants are requested to bring the appropriate documents below. The Consular Section will not photo-copy any papers. This is the applicant’s sole responsibility.
*Please note that not fully completed applications will not be accepted.
Please ensure that an appointment is made for the submission of an application. For appointments please contact 012-3463329 (Pretoria) from Monday until Friday from 13:00 until 15:00 except on public holidays or email us at:email@example.com.
The applicant must submit the original Unabridged Birth Certificate and the Unabridged Marriage Certificate that must be Apostilled and must be translated in the Greek language.
The Original Unabridged Birth certificate will be send with the application at the Department of Civil Registry and Migration.
· APPLICATION FOR ACQUISITION OF CITIZENSHIP FOR ADULTS BORN ABROAD OR IN CYPRUS BEFORE 16 AUGUST 1960, WHOSE FATHER IS OF CYPRIOT ORIGIN BY BIRTH – (M71)
· APPLICATION FOR ACQUISITION OF CITIZENSHIP FOR REGISTRATION OF MINORS OR ADULTS WHO WERE BORN ABROAD AFTER 16 AUGUST 1960 AND EITHER THEIR FATHER IS A CYPRIOT CITIZEN OR, AFTER 11 JUNE 1999, THEIR MOTHER IS A CYPRIOT CITIZEN AT THE TIME OF THEIR BIRTH – (M121)
1. Relevant application form duly completed (M121 Greek) (M121 English)
2. Applicants Apostille original Unabridged Birth Certificate (Appostille is issued by DIRCO or High Court).
3. Parents Cypriot Passport and ID.
4. Proof of the parent being a Cypriot Citizen at the time of the applicants birth (old Cypriot Passport or ID)
5. Certificate of acquisition of the Cypriot citizenship of the Cypriot parent (where applicable).
6. Parents’ Apostille original Unabridged Marriage Certificate (where a marriage has taken place).
7. Where no marriage has taken place at the time of the child’s birth and child is born out of wedlock, each parent must submit a sworn declaration recognizing the minor as their biological child at the High Commission. A sworn declaration can be issued only by a Court in the Republic of Cyprus.
8. Applicant’s current passport (other nations passport if has one).
9. 1 color photo of applicant.
10. Letter of consent of parent who is not a Cypriot Citizen signed and verified at the High Commission of the Republic of Cyprus. (Letter of Consent)
11. Photocopy of non Cypriot Parents Passport and ID.
12. Applicant has to provide a copy - if he is holder- of any other nations Passport and ID.
13. Both parents should be present whe application is submited.
Citizenship application fees:
o €20 for Consular Birth Certificate ( issued at the High Commission)
o €20 for Electronic Birth Certificate (issued in Cyprus)
o €8.54 for revenue stamp
(if additional certification of a document is required a 1.71€ revenue stamp will be charged per certification)
For the Consular Section working hours please press here.
For the location of the High Commission please press here.
- Application can be filled in English
- Please present original document required and a copy of each for submission
- Cheques to be made out to: Accountant General of Cyprus
For any inquiries please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
· APPLICATION FOR ACQUISITION OF CITIZENSHIP FOR ADULTS BORN ABROAD AFTER 16 AUGUST 1960, WHO ORIGINATE FROM A PERSON WHO BECAME A BRITISH CITIZEN BASED ON THE ANNEXATION OF CYPRUS ORDERS COUNCIL 1914-1943, OR A PERSON BORN IN CYPRUS AFTER 5 NOVEMBER 1914 AND PRIOR TO 16 AUGUST 1960, OR ADULTS BORN AFTER 16 AUGUST 1960, WHOSE MOTHER IS A CYPRIOT CITIZEN AND FATHER A FOREIGNER - (M123)
· APPLICATION FOR ACQUISITION OF CITIZENSHIP BY A SPOUSE OF CYPRIOT CITIZEN AFTER THEY HAVE COMPLETED AT LEAST THREE YEARS OF MARRIAGE (AT LEAST FIVE YEARS OF MARRIAGE IF THEY LIVE ABROAD) - (M125)
· APPLICATION FOR ACQUISITION OF CITIZENSHIP FOR MINORS BORN PRIOR TO 11 JUNE 1999 IN CYPRUS OR ABROAD AND WHOSE MOTHER IS A CYPRIOT CITIZEN AND FATHER A FOREIGNER OR FOR MINORS WHOSE FATHER ACQUIRED THE CYPRIOT CITIZENSHIP AFTER THEIR BIRTH - (M126)
*All Public Documents issued by a foreign country must be "apostile" with the exception were the country is not a participatory to the Convention Abolishing the Requirement of legalization for Foreign Public Documents.The Republic of Cyprus has acceded to the Convention Abolishing the Requirement of legalization for Foreign Public Documents, signed in the Hague, on 5.10.1961. The Convention was ratified by the Law 50/72. For the implementation of this Convention, the Ministry of Justice and Public Order has been assigned as the Central Authority.
The Contracting States of this Convention are shown below: