According to the Registration of Inhabitants Law, Cap. 85, all eligible persons who have attained the age of 12 years are obliged to obtain and possess a civil identity card.
Civil Identity Cards are issued to the following persons:
Citizens applying for replacement of their civil identity card if this has been lost or defaced or for any other reason shall be provided with the new type of civil identity card.
- Citizens of the Republic of Cyprus
- Persons of Cypriot origin
1. Complete an application form (find below)
2. Submit two photos of 4x3 cm in size certified by the Consular Officer of the Embassy
3. Submit an original Birth Certificate (in case of first issue of ID card)
4. Present the original of the marriage certificate (in the case of married women wishing to change their surname or certificate of divorce if divorced)
5. Present their passport if they have another citizenship in addition to the Cypriot one
6. Certificate from the Police Authorities (if the ID card has been lost or defaced)
7. Fee of 58,80 Leva (equivalent of €30,00).