Ambassador designated of the Republic of Cyprus
Minas A. Hadjimichael
· Born October 30, 1956 Famagusta, Cyprus
· Law Degree (LLB) University of Athens, Greece, (1981)
· Master of Arts in Political Science and International Relations, Georgia Southern University, USA (1983)
· Called to the Bar (Cyprus 1984)
· Joined the Foreign Service of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Cyprus (1984)
· Served in the Cyprus Question Division (1984/1986)
· Deputy Permanent Representative of Cyprus, Council of Europe, Strasbourg (1986-1991) Member of the Ad hoc Committee on International Law (CAHDI), the Ad hoc Committee on National Minorities (CAHMIN) and President of the European Youth Foundation (1990)
· Served in the European Union Division at the Foreign Ministry (1991-1995),Deputy Director (1994-1995)
· Deputy Chief of Mission, Athens (1995-1998).
· Civil Service College of London (1994) on EU matters and USIA (Department of State) on US Federal System (1999). Lecturer at the Cyprus Mediterranean Institute of Management and Cyprus Academy for Public Administration on EU matters.
· Promoted to the rank of Minister Plenipotentiary in 2000
· Served as Director of the Foreign Minister’s Cabinet (1997-2002).
· Ìember of the negotiating team for the Cyprus Question (1999-2002)
· Promoted to the rank of Ambassador in 2002
· Participated in numerous European and International Conferences, as member and Head of the Cyprus Delegation.
· Ambassador of Cyprus to Paris, France (2002-2007) with concurrent accreditation as non-Resident Ambassador of Cyprus to the Republic of Tunisia, to the Democratic and Popular Republic of Algeria and to the Principality of Andorra.
· Director of the Cyprus Question and EU-Turkey Affairs Division (2007- 2008) and acting Permanent Secretary of the Foreign Ministry.
· Permanent Representative of the Republic of Cyprus to the United Nations, New York (2008-2012) with concurrent accreditation as Ambassador to Brazil and to Trinidad and Tobago.
· Chairman of the United Nations Committee on Relations with the Host Country (2008-2012)
· Ambassador of Cyprus to Berlin, Germany (2012-2017)
· Deputy Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Director of Cyprus Question, Turkey and Energy-Marine Policy Directorates (2017 – January 2018)
· Acting Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (February 2018)
· Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs since March 2018
· Languages: Greek (native), English, French and basic knowledge of German