The Embassy of the Republic of Cyprus in Copenhagen is looking to fill the position of Office Clerk/Press Assistant. The position is for a fixed one year term with a probationary period of three months. The position comes with the possibility of extension.
Key tasks and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Monitoring multiple Danish media outlets and regularly collecting information and preparing memos on political and economic developments in Denmark and in particular on issues related to foreign policy.
· Under the guidance of the Ambassador drafting editorial responses when necessary, official letters and other materials to be used for newsletters, website and social media.
· Attending briefings, events and seminars and report findings
· Maintaining the Embassy’s website.
· Under the guidance of the Ambassador assist in the organization of the Embassy’s events.
· Assist other departments in the embassy with relevant ad hoc issues
· Proficiency in English and very good knowledge of Greek and Danish.
· Solid knowledge of Danish political affairs
· Excellent writing skills and experience in formal text composition
· Excellent knowledge of the MS Office Suite
· Legal right to live and work in Denmark
· Familiarity with working with the press is an advantage.
· Familiarity with Cyprus politics, economy, and culture is an advantage.
The position offers a monthly salary of 30,275 DKK. Statutory payments and pension contributions are the responsibility of the employee.
Successful applicants will be required to provide a clean criminal record and will be subjected to a security screening by the Danish authorities. In addition, short listed applicants will have to take a written test followed by an interview.
How to apply
To apply for the position, please send an application that consists of a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org until 21/11/2019 at 12pm. Please add “Office Clerk/Press Assistant” and your name in the subject field.