|IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT 1|
COVID-19 and AIR TRAVEL TO CYPRUS
As of 18 September 2020, passengers from Hungary to Cyprus shall be allowed only for specific categories* of citizens who have the possibility to choose whether to undergo a diagnostic test for COVID19 upon their arrival in Cyprus or have with them a negative RT-PCR test certificate for COVID-19, undertaken within 72 hours prior to departure.
*Specific categories :
1. Cypriot citizens permanently residing in the Republic of Cyprus and members of their families (their alien spouses, under-age children and parents).
2. Persons legally residing in the Republic.
3. Persons entitled to enter the Republic under the Vienna Convention.
The following passenger categories can apply for Special Entry Permit :
1. First degree relatives of persons who reside legally in the Republic and/or are economically active in the Republic (spouse, children, parents) for family reunion purposes.
2. Persons, regardless of nationality, whose arrival in the Republic is necessary for the purpose of implementing public projects or for honouring other important professional commitments.
3. Changes of aircraft crews in the case where they are travelling as passengers for replacement purposes.
Requests for the granting of a Special Permit may be submitted through the e-platform Monday-Friday between 7:30 - 15:00, within 14 days prior to the expected travel date and the approval granted shall be valid for a month since the date of issue.
Special Permit link:
It must be noted that such persons shall have to remain in a state of self-isolation for 14 days.
Relevant sanitary instructions are available at the following link: https://www.pio.gov.cy/coronavirus/en/info.html
It is also noted that in accordance with the Decree by the Minister of Health N. 37, dated 12 August 2020, citizens arriving from Hungary are obliged to undergo a molecular examination for COVID-19, 48 hours prior to the termination of their 14-day self-isolation, at their own expense.
The test results should be sent to the following email address: email@example.com
It is understood that the self-isolation will come to an end on the 14th day provided that the outcome of the repeat test comes out negative.
It must be stressed that all passengers, regardless of country category, shall be obliged to file an application for the CyprusFlightPass within 24 hours prior to their departure flight. Moreover, in order to ensure public health and the monitoring of the epidemiological picture, a sample molecular laboratory testing of passengers on selected arriving flights will be carried out.
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT 2
FOR TRAVEL FROM CYPRUS TO HUNGARY as of 1st September 2020
As of 1st September 2020, non Hungarian nationals , in general , cannot enter Hungary, with few exceptions. For these exceptions, it is possible to submit an Equity request to enter Hungary
For the procedure for Equity request to Enter Hungary, see News/ Latest news in this section in English