1. Application form duly completed and signed. (Application form)
Please note that the application is only available in Greek and Turkish languages. For your convenience please find a sample of the application form for Identity card translated in English, to be used only as guide to fill the application form. (Sample of the application form)
2. Electronic Birth Certificate issued by the Civil Registry and Migration Department of the Republic of Cyprus indicating the identity card number indicating the Personal Identification Number,
Existing Cypriot identity card,
Persons registered as Cypriot citizens who do not have the above documents, should contact the Civil Registry and Migration Department of the Republic of Cyprus (+357 22 804428) to enquire about their Personal Identification Number before the submission of their identity card application,
3. Cypriot citizenship certificate or Cypriot passport.
4. The signature of the applicant (or both parents in case of a minor) must be certified at the High Commission of the Republic of Cyprus or at any Honorary Consulate of the Republic of Cyprus.
5. Applicant’s Unabridged Birth Certificate* (please note that no other document can be presented as a substitution for this).
6. South African passport or other nation’s passport.
7. Marriage certificate* for married women applicants wishing to assume their husband's last name or a Divorce Certificate in case of a divorced woman.
8. Declaration by the married women or divorcee stating that she wishes to change her surname.
9. Original Police Affidavit in case of lost or stolen ID (not older than 1 month).
10. Declaration signed at the High Commission stating that the ID has been lost or stolen.