Αρχική Σελίδα | Συνήθεις Ερωτήσεις | Χάρτης Πλοήγησης | Συνδέσεις | Επικοινωνία 


Ειδική Αναζήτηση  


Για τις κάτωθι θεματικές ενότητες πατήστε τον σύνδεσμο για αναλυτική

Hide details for Εγγραφή Ατόμου ως Κύπριου ΠολίτηΕγγραφή Ατόμου ως Κύπριου Πολίτη
Ιn order to receive a Cypriot passport you are required to apply first for a Cypriot citizenship. The application can be submitted to our Offices and it will then be forwarded to the Civil Registry and Migration Department in Nicosia for examination of eligibility.
If the application is successful and you are granted a citizenship, then you can submit an application for a passport. Please note that both applications are processed in Nicosia and not by the High Commission and the required time varies according to each specific case.
In case you wish to start this process, please find enclosed herewith a copy of the preliminary application for you to complete and return to our Offices, accompanied by a copy of your birth certificate and your parents’ Cypriot passports and/or any other documents that prove your Cypriot origin. Upon examination of the preliminary application we will send you the appropriate application for Cypriot citizenship.

Show details for Πιστοποιητικό ΓεννήσεωςΠιστοποιητικό Γεννήσεως
Hide details for Στρατιωτική ΘητείαΣτρατιωτική Θητεία

Ιn accordance with the provisions of the Law relating to National Guard, military service is compulsory for all male citizens of the Republic of Cyprus who reside in the territory of the Republic, including persons who are not Cypriot citizens but are of Cypriot descent (from either side of parents) and thus are eligible to acquire the Cypriot citizenship. The obligation commences in the year the person becomes 18 and continues to the year of his 45th birthday. Reserve military service extends up to the year of the 50th birthday.

Persons exempted from military service include those who live permanently abroad, for as long as they continue to reside outside Cyprus. However, regardless of the permanent residency abroad condition, when visiting Cyprus, persons between the ages of 16 and 26 (both inclusive) are required to present on departure from the country a special Exit permit. These permits are for a single use and are issued by any Army Enlistment Office under the Ministry of Defence or by the Citizen Service Centres in the District of Famagusta and in Polis Chrysohou. For the Exit permit to be issued, it is required to present a certificate of “Permanent residence abroad” issued by a Consular Authority of Cyprus abroad, together with the passport and the return ticket. The same requirements apply for persons (permanent residents abroad) between the ages of 27 and 45 (both inclusive) who stay in the Republic for a period exceeding three (3) months.

The certificate of “Permanent residence abroad” has a validity of one year. For the High Commission to issue this certificate, it is required to submit (by post) the following documents:
1. Photocopy of the main page of current passport;
2. Photocopy of birth certificate;
3. Photocopy of document that proves your Cypriot ancestry, i.e. Cypriot passport, Citizenship, Identity
card, or any related parents’ documents;
4. A “Record of International Movements” to and from Australia (for at least twelve years) for the applicant and
his parents, which can be obtained from the Australian Department of Immigration and Border protection;
5. Any document that can prove residential address in Australia;
6. Any of the following documents, where applicable:
· If working for a company or organization: A certificate from the employer stating the period of employment;
· If self employed: A letter from the Accountant, Banker or Solicitor stating the facts;
· If a student: A relevant letter from the educational institute stating the facts;
· If unemployed: Proof of receipt of unemployment or supplementary benefit.
7. Bank cheque or money order payable to the Cyprus High Commission for the exact amount of AU$..... (€8.54), only for .... 2017 (personal cheques are not accepted);
8. One self addressed prepaid envelope.

Please be informed that, due to the fluctuations in the exchange rate between the Euro and the Australian dollar, the fees for the certificate of “Permanent residence abroad” might be subject to change every month. For this reason, if you delay submitting your application beyond the end of this month, please call the High Commission to confirm the exact amount of the related fees.

Please also note that persons between the ages of 18 and 26 are eligible to additionally apply for a “Certificate of Exemption from Military Service for Permanent Residents Abroad”. This Certificate is issued by the Ministry of Defence and, contrary to the Exit permit, it can be used for an indefinite period, until the permanent residency abroad condition ceases to apply. However, where the duration of stay is greater than 3 months, a special Exit permit by the Ministry of Defence will be required. For the issuance of a “Certificate of Exemption from Military Service for Permanent Residents Abroad”, the enclosed application form must be submitted, together with the above required documentation. There is no additional fee, apart from the fee for the certificate of “Permanent residence abroad”.

Applications for “Certificate of Exemption from Military Service for Permanent Residents Abroad” that are submitted without the above documents will not be considered complete by the Ministry of Defence of the Republic of Cyprus. This certificate is posted directly by the Ministry of Defence to the address stated on the application. Hence, the Cyprus High Commission is not in a position to control the required time for its issuance. However, in case that the “Certificate of Exemption from Military Service for Permanent Residents Abroad” does not reach the applicant on time, the certificate of “Permanent residence abroad”, which is posted by the High Commission, can be used in Cyprus for the issuance of a single Exit permit, as described above.

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you need further assistance.

Application for excemption from Military Service.pdf

Hide details for Πολιτικοί ΓάμοιΠολιτικοί Γάμοι


The contracting of civil marriage in Cyprus has been valid since 1923. As the procedure is simple many couples from all over the world come to celebrate their marriage in Cyprus and combine this event with holidays.
Persons desiring to have their marriage celebrated in Cyprus under the provisions of the Marriage Law 104(I) of 2003, may only apply, after their arrival in Cyprus, personally, to the Marriage Officer of the Municipality of their choice, in order to go through certain formalities which are necessary prior to their marriage.


(a) As a first step, the interested persons who should be in possession of legal identification (passports and birth certificates) have to fill in, sign and submit to the Marriage Officer a joint application called “Notice of Marriage” indicating their will to marry each other and containing their particulars on the basis of their passport. 

(b) At he same time, each of the two parties must make a declaration on oath or affirmation before the Marriage Officer that they know of no impediment or other lawful hindrance to their marriage.

(c) The interested persons should also furnish an official certificate indicating that they are not married. If however the Marriage Officer has any doubt about the accuracy or genuineness of the certificate furnished by the interested persons, or if the interested persons are unable to produce such an official document (like British citizens) they will be called upon to make a sworn declaration before the Registrar of a District Court that they are single and have never been married before. However divorcees have to present the “Decree Absolute” of their dissolved marriage and widows/ers have to present the “Certificate of Death” of their late partner. Also they both have to make a declaration on oath (affidavit) that they have never been married again since then.

(d) When these formalities have been completed, the marriage must be celebrated within 15 clear days at the earliest, or within 3 months at the latest, from the date the notice is given. If, for any reason, the marriage is not celebrated within 3 months, the notice given and all consequential proceedings are considered to be void. In fact, interested persons, in order to have a civil marriage by notice should stay in Cyprus for about 20 days.For prescribe fees, please counsult the municipality where the ceremony will take place at http://www.ucm.org.cy/Index.aspx?Language=ENG

(e) In case of urgency, however, or if they so wish, the interested persons may apply to the Marriage Officer to fix an earlier date, by paying advanced fees. In this case the marriage can be celebrated within 2-3 working days. 

The formalities prescribed in the above–mentioned paragraphs 2(a)(b) and (C) are also applied in this case. For prescribe fees, please counsult the municipality where the ceremony will take place at 


If either party to the intended marriage, not being a widower or a widow, is under eighteen years of age, the written consent of the father, or if he is dead or incapable of consenting, of the mother or, if both are dead or incapable of consenting, of the lawful guardian of such party, must be produced to the Marriage Officer on their application. 


If should be pointed out that any person who wilfully makes or inserts any false statement in any declaration, certificate or other document required by Law to be made or issued is liable to imprisonment. 


A civil marriage may be celebrated either by the Marriage Officer, or by a Registered Minister of Religion at his church. In this case all the same procedure should also be followed at the municipality, but the religious ceremony can be held at a church. 

All necessary arrangements with the Registered Minister and the church should be carried out by the interested persons. 


The couple is supplied with a certificate of marriage by the Marriage Officer, but if they want to secure one or more certified copies of the certificate they can apply to the Marriage Officer or to the Ministry of Interior. 


It should also be pointed out that, according to the Law, if either of the parties to the intended marriage is a subject of a foreign country having an Embassy or a Consulate in Cyprus, the Marriage Officer shall forward to the Embassy or the Consulate of such country in Cyprus a certified copy of the certificate of marriage. 


A list of Cyprus municipalities can be found at:


Show details for Έκδοση ΔιαβατηρίουΈκδοση Διαβατηρίου
Hide details for Έκδοση/Ανανέωση Δελτίου ΤαυτότηταςΈκδοση/Ανανέωση Δελτίου Ταυτότητας

Please be informed that the Republic of Cyprus is now issuing biometric civil identity cards and there is a new procedure in place at the High Commission for receiving applications and for the collection of the necessary data. In order to apply for a civil identity card you are now required to schedule an appointment to visit our offices in Canberra and to lodge the application in person. Please note that on the day of your appointment the following original documents must accompany your application for a civil identity card:

· Recently issued birth certificate (requires Apostille);
· Passport of the Republic of Cyprus;
· Civil Identity Card of the Republic of Cyprus (if applicable);
· Current Australian passport and/or driver’s licence;
· Certificate of Cypriot citizenship (with personal identification number);
· Marriage certificate and of certificate of divorce from previous marriage [if applicable and only for women wishing to change their surname (requires Apostille)];

Please note that further to written instructions by the Civil Registry and Migration Department of the Republic of Cyprus, any official document (for example marriage certificates, birth certificate etc.), issued by authorities other than those of the Republic of Cyprus (in this case the Australian authorities), require an Apostille.

In addition, you are required to provide us with:
· Bank cheque or money order payable to the Cyprus High Commission of cash for the exact amount of AU$ (for the exact fee in $AU contact the High Commission).

· One self-addressed registered post envelope together with a prepaid label for person to person delivery.

Please be informed that if the application is submitted for a minor (1-18 years old), both parents must be present, consent and sign the application form. However, if the parents are divorced/separated, the application could be signed by the parent who has custody of the minor. In that case, the Custody Order by the Family Court must accompany the application, otherwise the consent and signature of both parents is required. Civil Identity cards for applicants up to the age of 18 years old are valid for five years.

Please note that on the application form for a civil identity card, you will be required to provide information regarding your parents’ full names, place and date of birth and Identity card numbers.

Also be informed that, due to the fluctuations in the exchange rate between the Euro and the Australian dollar, the fee for the application might be subject to change every month. For this reason, if you are submitting your application beyond the end of this month, please call the High Commission to confirm the exact amount of the related fee.

Hide details for Πληρεξούσια ΈγγραφαΠληρεξούσια Έγγραφα

You are kindly informed that the High Commission does not prepare or offers drafts of Powere of Attorneys. This rests at the sole responsibility of the applicant. The Power of Attorney must be forwarded to our Offices after it has been signed at the presence of a certifying officer, such as the President of the Cyprus Community or an officer of the Delphi Bank (previously Bank of Cyprus) or the Bank of Sydney (previously Beirut Hellenic Bank/Laiki Bank Australia) in your area, duly authorised by the High Commission to witness the authenticity of signatures.

The following documents must accompany the original power of attorney:

1. Photocopy of the photo ID that you used at the time of signing the power of attorney;
2. A bank cheque or money order payable to the Cyprus High Commission for the exact amount of AU$
(€8.54), only for .... 2017, for each Power of Attorney (personal cheques are not accepted);
3. A self-addressed post envelope with a contact number.

Please also provide us with a contact number should the need arise and we need to talk with you.

Also be informed that, due to the fluctuations in the exchange rate between the Euro and the Australian dollar, the fees for the endorsement of Power of Attorneys might be subject to change every month. For this reason, if you delay submitting your document beyond the end of this month, please call the High Commission to confirm the exact amount of the related fees.

No documents found

© 2006 - 2017 Κυπριακή Δημοκρατία, Υπουργείο Εξωτερικών,
Ύπατη Αρμοστεία της Κυπριακής Δημοκρατίας στην Καμπέρα
Αρχική Σελίδα | Κυβερνητική Πύλη Διαδικτύου | Αποποίηση | Υπεύθυνος Διαδικτυακού Τόπου