Ιn order to apply for a copy of your birth certificate you need to submit the attached affidavit (please find below), endorsed by a certifying officer, such as the President of the Cyprus Community or an officer of the Delphi Bank (previously Bank of Cyprus) or Bank of Sydney (previously Beirut Hellenic Bank/Laiki Bank Australia), duly authorised by the High Commission to witness the authenticity of signatures and documents.
The affidavit must be completed and returned to our office, accompanied by the following:
1. Certified photocopy of passport and/or of Identity card of the Republic of Cyprus;
2. Certified photocopy of father’s passport and/or Identity card of the Republic of Cyprus;
3. Certified photocopy of mother’s passport and/or Identity card of the Republic of Cyprus;
4. Certified photocopy of current passport;
5. Bank cheque or money order payable to the Cyprus High Commission for the exact amount of AU$
(Please call High Commision as monthly fees vary), only for 2017 (personal cheques are not
6. One self-addressed registered post envelope together with a prepaid label for person to person
Please be informed that the Cyprus High Commission does not issue birth certificates. Issuing a birth certificate takes three to six months, due to the fact that the birth certificates are processed in Cyprus.
Also be informed that, due to the fluctuations in the exchange rate between the Euro and the Australian dollar, the fees for the application might be subject to change every month. For this reason, if you delay submitting your application beyond the end of the current month, please call the High Commission to confirm the exact amount of the related fees.
© 2006 - 2017 Κυπριακή Δημοκρατία, Υπουργείο Εξωτερικών,Ύπατη Αρμοστεία της Κυπριακής Δημοκρατίας στην Καμπέρα