1. Biometric Passports of the Republic of Cyprus
All Cypriot Citizens are eligible for a Republic of Cyprus biometric passport.
Biometric passports are electronic documents which store the biometric data of its holder, as indicated by the name. Biometric passports are being issued by the Republic of Cyprus since 13/12/2010 under Regulation (EC) No 2252/2004 of 13 December 2004 on standards for security features and biometrics in passports and travel documents issued by Member States and under international standards as set by the ICAO (international Civil Aviation Organization).The use of biometrics, which are unique, measurable, physical characteristics of each individual, certifying both the identity of the passport holder and also help tackle the growing incident of use of fraudulent travel documents.
Citizens of the Republic of Cyprus residing in Germany can only apply in person after appointment to the Embassy of the Republic of Cyprus in Berlin since a registration of their biometrical data is required. The validity of the biometric passports is 5 years for adults and five years for minors.
The following documents must be presented:
Loss of passport
Along with the request for replacement the applicants shall additionally submit the following:
- The current passport
- Republic of Cyprus Birth Certificate
- Cyprus National Identity Card
- Certificate of Citizenship - where applicable
- A Marriage Certificate (in case of change of name through marriage)
- Police Report (in case of lost passport)
- Fee is €70.00
- Application (Form M. 9G/T)
In the occasion of first, second, third, and so on, loss/theft charges would be twice the previous issue.
2. Issue of a Passport to underage children
Anyone under the age of 18 is regarded as a minor
- confirmation of the police that filed a statement of the claimant for lost passport
- an affidavit for the circumstances of loss of passport
Minors who have not completed their twelfth year of age on the date of submission of the application are excluded from the obligation to submit their fingerprints and signature.
3. Emergency Travel Document (valid for a single trip to Cyprus only) - Laissez Passer
- Both parents must accompany any underage children
- If the parents are divorced the consent of both parents is required or a Family Court Decision for parental care if necessary
- Fee is €45.00
Persons wishing to apply for an emergency Travel Document because of theft or loss of their passport or identity card must apply in person to the Embassy of the Republic of Cyprus in Berlin or to the Honorary Consulates of the Republic of Cyprus in Germany.
They must have with them the following documentation:
For appointments please contact the Embassy of the Republic of Cyprus in Berlin, Tel: ++49 30 3086830.
(More information at the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs: ENTRY REGULATIONS FOR CYPRUS)
- Two recent photographs sized 4cm by 5cm
- A Police Report
- Proof of identification (i.e. valid passport, identity card, driving license)
- Fee is €20.00