1. Travel Information
EU citizens do not require a visa for entry to Cyprus, but they must carry a passport or identity card which must be valid at least until the day of departure from Cyprus, provided there is a photo and the citizenship is declared.
Τhe following categories are exempted from the visa requirement for entry into Cyprus:
· Third-country-nationals, who are holders of a Residence Permit issued by Germany (Aufenthaltstitel) or a member state of the European Union can travel to Cyprus without a visa, with their valid national passport and residence permit.
· Third country nationals, holders of a valid Schengen visa (type: double or multiple entry), who have already entered the Schengen area in accordance with the terms upon which their Schengen visa was issued, may travel to Cyprus without a visa and stay for a period equal to the remainder of the time for which the Schengen visa is valid. Turkish and Azeri nationals are excepted from this category and therefore need a visa to enter Cyprus.
· Holders of travel documents issued to recognized refugees under the UN Convention relating to Refugees of 28 July 1951, do not require a visa to enter the Republic of Cyprus, if their travel documents are issued by an EU member state or by a member-state of Schengen (incl. Norway and Iceland).
· Holders of travel documents issued to stateless persons under the Convention relating to the Status of Stateless Persons of 28 September 1954, do not require a visa if the documents are issued by an EU member state or by a member state of Schengen (incl. Norway and Iceland) and the holders of these documents are residing in this Member State.
Please note that the aforesaid categories do not apply to holders of Turkish and Azeri passports, who need a visa to enter Cyprus!
List of countries whose citizens do not require a visa to travel to Cyprus
Please follow link : www.mfa.gov.cy
2. Visa requirements
The following documents have to be sent in order to apply for a visa for the Republic of Cyprus:
· One completed application form
· 2 passport sized photographs
· A full national passport valid for at least three months after the date you enter Cyprus
· A long stay visa or valid residence permit issued by one of the EU/EEA Member States (except United Kingdom and Ireland) or Switzerland
· Round trip ticket
· Hotel reservation or - in case the applicant has no hotel reservation but visits family or friends - the form “Assumption of Responsibility for Hosting”. In case the host is not Cypriot, a copy of his “Aliens Resident Card (ARC)” is needed.
· For visits on business purposes, an official letter of invitation is required
· Bank balance of the last two months or pay slip
· Fee: 20,00 €
The fee must be paid by bank transfer to:
Botschaft der Republik Zypern
IBAN: DE71 1007 0000 0751 2239 00
Verwendungszweck: Visa alication, Surname, Name
· A prepaid, self-addressed and registered envelope for the return of the passport
The applicant has to send the application form with all the required documents to the following address:
Botschaft der Republik Zypern
· Application for Visa
· Assumption of Responsibility for Hosting
List of countries whose citizens require a visa to travel to Cyprus
Please follow link : Consular Affairs, Visa Policy and Travel Information
(More information at the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs: ENTRY REGULATIONS FOR CYPRUS)