Registration of minors (under the age of 18)
Applications for registration of minors (under the age of 18) who were born:
- Abroad after 16/8/1960 and their father is a Cypriot citizen or after 11/6/1999 and their mother is a Cypriot citizen are submitted on form M.121 (English version) (Greek version) in duplicate. A birth certificate of the child should accompany the application along with fees of CY£ 7.
- Either in Cyprus or abroad before 11/6/1999 and their mother is a Cypriot citizen or their father acquired the Cypriot citizenship after their birth are submitted on form M.126 (English version) (Greek version) by the parent who is a Cypriot citizen. The application should be accompanied by two photographs and a birth certificate of the minor, photocopies of the passports of the parents, written consent of the parent who is not a Cypriot citizen and fees of CY£ 35.
Registration of adults (over the age of 18)
- Persons of Cypriot origin who were born either in Cyprus or abroad before 16/08/1960 must submit an application on form M.71 or M.72. Their application must be accompanied by their birth certificate, valid Republic of Cyprus document(s) of either their father or their grandfather from their father’s side e.g. passport, identity card, citizenship certificate etc and fees of CY£2,90. Application Forms M.71 and M.72 are available at the Embassy.
- Persons of Cypriot origin who were born after 16/8/1960, regardless of the place of their residence, must submit an application on form M.123 (Greek version) in duplicate, along with their birth certificate and fees of CY£ 25.
- Persons of Cypriot origin, born either before or after 16/8/1960, who are British citizens or citizens of any Commonwealth Country and have been living in Cyprus one year immediately preceding their application, must submit an application on Form M.124 in duplicate along with their birth certificate, a certificate of good-character, a photocopy of their passport and fees of CY£ 25. (Please note that you can obtain the relevant Form M.124 only by contacting the Ministry of Interior, Nicosia, tel. +357 22 302105).
Registrations as a result of marriage with a Cypriot citizen
- Persons who have contracted a marriage with Cypriot men or Cypriot women may submit an application on form M.125 (Greek version only) in duplicate after completing at least three years of marriage and harmonious cohabitation with their Cypriot spouse (with the precondition that two years of permanent residence in Cyprus have elapsed immediately before the submission of the application). A marriage certificate, a certificate of cohabitation of the two spouses, a birth certificate of the applicant and particulars of the Cypriot spouse, e.g Cypriot passport, identity card etc must accompany the application along with an application fee of CY£ 110.
Acquisition of Cypriot Citizenship by Naturalisation
- An application form M.127 may be submitted by persons who legally reside in Cyprus and who in the last 8 years before their application accumulated more than 5 years of residence (or in the last 13 years more than 10 years of residence, if they are group sports players, sports technicians or coaches or work with offshore Companies, or work for Cypriot employers etc).
Applicants should also submit their birth certificate, passport, a certificate of good character, two photographs and publish their intention for naturalization in a Cyprus newspaper for two consecutive days. The application fee is CY£ 210. Application Form M.127 is available at the Embassy.
Note: All the above applications are signed before a Judge or a Court Registrar, if they are submitted in Cyprus or before a Consular Officer of the Republic of Cyprus, if they are submitted abroad.